To establish connection with your Android device, click add new device option in the left panel of the main window.
- After that, choose the device type in the wizard:
- Choose the connection type:
- Enable “USB debugging” mode on your device. Find out how to do this.
- Connect your device to Mac via USB cable.
- SyncMate module for Android will be installed automatically on your device if you connect it to Mac via USB cable. However, you can install it from Google Play as well.
- Make sure SyncMate module is launched and turned on.
- Once the device is successfully connected, tune Connection settings for your Android device: Mount disk: mount Android device as Mac storage to get access not only to internal memory, but also to any other available storage (SD card, USB storage, etc.).
- Sync when other side is available every … – When the other side is available, syncing will start automatically with frequency you’ve set, for example, every two hours.
- AutoSync only when SyncMate’s GUI is hidden – Syncing will be performed only when SyncMate is hidden.
- Click Apply button to save the changes.
Then click Sync button to start syncing all the data available for sync in this device. All the plugins which are presently open will be synced.
Or customize selective sync, if you do not want to sync all the data available. To do this, open only those plugins that you need to sync currently:
7. You can always view the activity log and share it with our support team if any error occurs:
- Wi-Fi should be enabled on your device:
- When you establish connection between your Android device and SyncMate on Mac via USB cable, SyncMate module is sent to your device automatically. You can also install it from Google Play.
- Make sure that SyncMate module on your device is launched. Allow Wi-Fi synchronization:
Note: If in SyncMate module settings on your device “Unknown IPs” box is ticked, and “Only allowed IPs” mode is set in “Access control”, you will get a warning asking whether to accept Wi-Fi connection from Mac. You can choose one of these options:
- “Yes” (in this case you’ll get this warning the next time you try to establish Wi-Fi connection with this Mac);
- “Yes, add to list” (this Mac’s IP will be added to the list of allowed IPs on your device and you won’t get this warning the next time).
You can also set “Anyone can sync” mode in “Access control” in SyncMate module settings. In this case there will be no warnings when establishing Wi-Fi connection with Mac.
4. Enter your device’s IP:
To find out your device’s IP, do the following:
Go to Settings. Tap on the network you are connected to, then go to Advanced settings where you can see the IP address:
Your device’s IP is also displayed in SyncMate module:
5. Now you can tune Connection settings for your device:
- Bluetooth should be enabled on your device:
- SyncMate module for Android will be installed automatically on your device if you connect it to Mac via USB cable. However, you can install it from Google Play as well:
- Make sure that SyncMate module on your device is launched. Allow Bluetooth synchronization:
- Pair your Android device with Mac. Find out how to do this.
- Find your Android device in the list of available devices and click “Select” button:
- Now you can tune Connection settings for your device:
SyncMate allows you syncing personal data, media files, folders, etc. You can not only sync, but transfer data between Mac and Android as well. In fact, SyncMate is Android file transfer for Mac replacement.