- Why does JustStream want to record the contents of my screen?
- Are you sending my screen information to a server?
- Why does JustStream need access to the microphone?
See this article.
- Why can't some apps be cast, or why can't some DVD or movies be cast?
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney+, and Apple TV have decided to block this. Apple has HDCP DRM protection for playing DVDs or iTunes Movies. This means that they also block screen mirroring when watching DVDs or iTunes movies.
- When I play a DVD, screen mirroring does not work
Apple has HDCP DRM protection for playing DVDs. This means that they also block screen mirroring when watching DVDs. Add the folder VIDEO_TS to JustStream and be able to stream files directly to the device. Check how to stream files here.
- When I play iTunes movies, screen mirroring does not work
Apple has HDCP DRM protection for playing iTunes movies. This means that screen mirroring is not possible when watching movies from iTunes.
- Netflix gives an error message “Please ensure your monitor is HDCP compliant and is not mirrored using Airplay”
When I try to watch Netflix on my Mac and use Screen Mirroring at the same time, I get an error from Netflix that reads like: “Whoops, something went wrong…There appears to be a display problem. Please ensure your monitor is HDCP compliant and is not mirrored using Airplay.”
This problem only exists in the Safari browser. When you use Chrome or Firefox browser, the same content will play just fine. So whenever you see this error message appearing, please download and install Chrome or Firefox for Mac and use one of those two browsers to watch Netflix.
- The audio of my Mac is not sent to the TV
First of all, make sure that you have downloaded and installed the JustStream Audio Driver.
After that, make sure you have granted JustStream access to the microphone.
Tip: Visit the easy installation guide for more information and instructions for Audio Driver.
- The sound of my TV is jumpy and stutters during screen mirroring. What should I do?
Mirroring the screen with sound consumes a lot of system resources. It will cause performance issues if your Mac model is too old. Please reduce the video resolution in the Preferences > Mirroring tab and close other large apps when casting your screen with audio.
- How can I improve screen mirroring quality?
The quality of your experience will be dependent on the quality of your local network. Some tips to enhance the experience:
- Preferably, connect your TV by LAN cable to your router.
- Use a Wi-Fi AC router. If you don’t have one, then an “n” router.
- Try not to overload your Wi-Fi network by moving big files around while you are mirroring.
- If you want to watch movies on TV, it's better to stream files directly to TV rather than mirroring what's on your computer's screen while watching movies. See how to stream files here.
- Why is there a picture/sound lag while screen mirroring?
There is typically a 3-4 sec lag between what is shown on a monitor and your TV due to the TV buffer. i.e. the app is not primarily intended for real-time activities such as gaming. By default, you can mirror your screen video for showing photos, giving presentations, browsing the web, etc.
Please, keep in mind that actual mirroring performance also depends on your network condition.
- Why do I get a black screen when screen mirroring?
Some applications like Apple TV and services like Netflix, HBO Max, etc. do not allow screen mirroring. These apps add a black rectangle over the video window, to avoid copyright infringement issues.
This black screen is meant to protect copyrighted content because companies don't want people to record and share copyrighted video content. In other words, you are not permitted to mirror the screen and are blocked from doing so, regardless of whether it is for personal use or not. We recommend installing these apps directly on a TV and enjoying watching movies right from it.
The list of devices on which you can install Apple TV app can be found at https://support.apple.com/guide/tvplus/welcome/web
Screen Mirroring Print
Created by: Emilia Rudd
Modified on: Thu, 23 Mar, 2023 at 12:32 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.