Serial Port Monitor is a professional application for RS232/422/485 COM ports monitoring.
Serial Port Monitor monitors, displays, logs and analyzes all the serial port activity in a system.
It is a powerful system utility for exploring the way OS works and monitoring how applications use ports, for tracking down problems in system or application configurations and processes.
- Serial Port Monitor and all of its internal drivers are digitally signed
- All COM-port types are supported: standard on-board ports, extension board ports, software-based virtual COM ports, Bluetooth serial ports, USB-to-Serial cradles, etc.
- Any software/hardware that works with a serial port can be monitored
- Real-time data capture
- Any number of serial ports can be monitored simultaneously
- Monitor serial ports which are already opened by another applications (Professional/Company Edition only)
- Easily send various types of data, apply aliases for faster typing and automation, send files and loop functions and commands, change serial port parameters on-the-fly (Professional/Company Edition only)
- Various monitoring visualizers: table, line, dump, modbus and terminal views
- Incoming and outgoing data streams logging
- Intercept and record all serial input/output control codes (ioctl), tracking their full details and parameters
- Customizable monitoring session logging (several timestamp formats, different scale of notation, customizable logging string length, etc.)
- Convenient and flexible monitoring session’s management: saving and loading all monitored data, exporting and redirecting to file functions
- Monitoring session exporting (HTML, ASCII text, UNICODE text, ExÑ�el CSV) and automatic redirection to file (Serial Port Monitor will automatically append all monitored data to a file in real-time)
- Redirected file can be either split into a bunch of files or can be limited to user-defined size
- Export raw data to a file
- Copying of all recorded data to clipboard
- Full duplex mode are supported
- Control lines status are visualized
- Unique stream filtering tools with presets
- All baudrates are supported
- Flexible configuration: stopbits, flow control, parity control, data bits, highlighting, etc.
- Precise request timing can be used to test different software
- User-friendly flexible interface: no programming skills are required
Serial Port Monitor can be used for:
- monitoring serial data exchange between serial devices and any Windows application
- debugging computer connection with peripheral devices using COM ports, such as modem, mini-ATS, projector, etc.
- solving problems with serial (RS232/422/485) data communication control networks and devices
- implementing, debugging and reverse-engineering serial protocol
- sending and capturing binary, ASCII and HEX data passing via serial connections
- convenient interaction with any equipment over RS232/RS422/RS485 interface
- serial devices drivers development
- development of hardware with serial interfaces
- hardware and software testing
Serial Port Monitor can be successfully used by:
- programmers and beta-testers
- quality-control engineers
- peripheral software developers
- OEM development and test engineers
- system integrators
- field service and maintenance engineers
- industrial control and SCADA design engineers
- Windows (32-bit and 64-bit): XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- at least one COM port