Once you’ve created a Donglify account, you can start sharing your USB devices for remote access.
In order to establish a connection to a remote USB device within the same Donglify account, take the following steps:
Download and install Donglify on your local computer to which your device is attached directly and the computer from which you are going to connect to it remotely.
Launch the program on your local PC (server) and log in to your account, then do the same on the remote (client) machine.
On the server PC, to make it available for remote connection:
3.1 If you need to share a USB security key, take the following steps:
- Connect the device to your local computer.
- Start Donglify and click the “Plus” icon:
- In the invoked window, you’ll see a list of your local USB security dongles that are available for sharing:
- Check the radio button in front of the required dongle and click Share.
3.2 If you are going to share a USB device of any other type, do the following:
- Repeat the steps 1-3 from the instructions above;
- Click the Show all devices button to view all of the USB devices that are currently attached to your computer:
- Check the radio button in front of the required device and click Share:
On the client PC, find the device you need and click Connect:
Once the connection is created, the device will appear in your system as though it were connected to your computer physically.
After you have finished working with the device, you can Disconnect it from your computer.