Once you have shared a USB device on the server side, you can connect to it from the client side. This section explains how to do this:
- Switch to the Remote USB devices tab.
- Click Find on the main toolbar:The Add remote USB device dialog will be invoked:
- If you want to search for USB devices shared on a specific remote host, type in its IP address or network name and click Find. To find all shared USB devices available on your local network, use Find all.
- If the search in the previous step yielded no results, probably one of the required network ports on your server is blocked by a firewall. In this case, you can press the Add button on the toolbar and manually specify the TCP port on which your device is shared:
- After adding the device to the list, select it and press Connect or Connect once to establish a connection (see the beginning of this section for the differences between these options).
If the device is protected by a password (see How to Secure Connection), it will be prompted.