USB Network Gate for Linux 9.1.0
Released: June 9, 2020
- Added: USB 3.0 SuperSpeed support.
USB Network Gate for Linux 9.0
Released: April 23, 2020
USB Network Gate for Linux 5.1
Released: December 17, 2019
- Added: support for Linux Kernel 5.0.
- Fixed: issues with installing the software on Ubuntu v18.04 and later.
USB Network Gate for Linux 5.0
Released: June 13, 2019
- Fixed: issues with sharing of USB 3.0 devices connected to USB 3.0 ports.
- Fixed: issues with sharing of some types of web cameras.
- Fixed: a USB device could be unshared if the reverse host was unavailable for callback connection.
USB Network Gate for Linux 4.2.0
Released: April 3, 2018
- Added: the automatic port sharing option upon device connection.
- Added: the USB port resetting option after device disconnection.
- Fixed: minor issues with:
- sharing of MTP devices;
- re-connecting devices to a Linux machine;
- sharing of devices that have special characters in the serial number;
- sharing of USB 3.0 devices connected to USB 3.0 ports;
- the callback connection option;
- connecting Wacom Bamboo tablets to a Linux client;
- connecting web cameras to a Linux client.
USB Network Gate for Linux 4.1.0
Released: October 10, 2017
- Added: FreeRDP plugins for all FreeRDP versions (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0). Available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added: special character (@,^:/!) escape in the user description.
- Fixed: USB 3.0 devices plugged into USB 3.0 ports connection issue, when shared from Linux/Mac server to Linux client.
- Fixed: functioning of the shared isochronous USB devices.
USB Network Gate for Linux 4.0.0
Released: April 18, 2017
- Update: revamped kernel module.
- Added: kernel v.4.4 support.
- Improved: BULK devices functioning.
- Improved: ISO devices functioning.
- Improved: USB 3.0 devices functioning.
- Improved: kernel module performance with the latest kernel versions.
- Other major stability and performance improvements.
USB Network Gate for Linux 3.6.0
Released: January 13, 2016
- both the eveusbsh and eveusbc utilities are now included with the OEM evaluation kit;
- the FreeRDP plugins are now available for FreeRDP 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 and come with a dedicated installation package for each version;
- the FreeRDP plugins now support traffic compression and encryption;
- the eveusbc and eveusbsh utilities have a new subcommand – “daemon save” – that can be called at any time to save the states of shared and remote devices in the configuration file (previously this was done only when the daemon was stopped);
- the libeveusb API changes:
- a new member function: int EveusbController::saveDevices();
- a new “Add remote USB device” dialog for adding devices that could not be discovered automatically (for instance, when the server is behind a firewall);
- you can now connect/disconnect to/from a remote device by double-clicking it in the GUI;
- the daemon has a new option, –version or -v, which simply prints the version number.
- sharing of USB ports with no device plugged in: the daemon no longer accepts connections until a device is inserted (previously it would accept connections even for empty ports);
- better detection of connection problems by the server.
- problems with USB 3.0 devices shared from Linux to Windows;
- module compilation issues on new kernels;
- a daemon startup bug on Ubuntu 14.10;
- Android 5.X binary incompatibilities;
- missing libudev.so.0 on new linuxes;
- several dkms related issues;
- incompatibilities with Rockwell Automation and Omron PLCs;
- an error related to UrbControlGetStatusRequest;
- video from shared webcams not being captured in guvcview;
- client not properly handling an iPhone configuration set to zero;
- the FreeRDP static plugin usb4rdp.so trying to reconnect to the daemon when it isn’t available.
USB Network Gate for Linux 3.5.0 Released: October 16, 2014
– Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.0 support. Required version of hcd.h is included in the module sources.
– eveusb.jar – native Java binding for libeveusb.so, allowing to write applications in Java for the daemon management, without using JNI framework
– callback (reverse) connection can be created (connection with a client initiated from the server side). Available both for standard build and console utilities (eveusbc and eveusbsh).
– possibility to set traffic compression algorithm – best or fast, the latter being the default one. -Z,–compress key allows setting the default value at the daemon start.
‘daemon’ command has new subcommand (for console utilities eveusbc and eveusbsh):
daemon compress [best|fast] – get or set hint for traffic compression
– new major version of libeveusb:
1. API: class members signatures were changed:
*EveusbEventHandler::writeToDaemon(const std::string &buf) => writeToDaemon(const void *buf, size_t count)
* EveusbEventHandler::readFromDaemon(std::vector &buf) => readFromDaemon(void *buf, size_t count)
* EveusbEventHandler::readFromDaemon returns zero if connection is disabled from the remote side.
* EveusbController::onDataAvailable returns error code when underlying call readFromDaemon returns value less or equal to zero.
2. New members added. See header files for details.
void onCompressionHint(bool size_or_speed);
int setCompressionHint(bool size_or_speed);
– eveusbc, –timeout parameter became a floating point value, and is measured in seconds now.
– “service eveusb stop” command now works on SLES 11
– GUI: activity log is limited to 255 last messages
– eveusbsh miscellaneous fixes (process crashed if daemon stopped, etc.)
– gtk-update-icon-cache crash during package installation
– issue when USB bus was still displayed in the GUI even if it actually was removed (OTG cable)
– package installation failure if system language was not set to English (en_US)
– issue when the driver prevented a system from entering suspend mode (pm-suspend)
– module compilation on the latest kernels
USB Network Gate for Linux 3.0.2 Released: October 21, 2013
- Fixed: installation failure of freerdp plugin on openSUSE 12.3
USB Network Gate for Linux 3.0.1 Released: October 09, 2013
- Fixed: compilation error for kernels v.3.11
- Fixed: upgrade issue for rpm package. In case you have rpm package of version 3.0.0 installed, uninstall it first, then install the new package version. Further upgrades of package v.3.0.1 and later will not require any additional steps and should be smooth.
USB Network Gate for Linux 3.0.0 Released: September 12, 2013
- Update: The current version 3.0.x is incompatible with the previous ones. One cannot combine the old version of client with the new server and vice versa.
- Update: The server part of USB Network Gate is reimplemented fully in userspace using usbfs. USB Network Gate daemon now can be launched without kernel module loading. The kernel version is not important for the server, however the client requires the module which can be compiled on kernel 2.6.18 and higher.
- Network latency issue fixed for USB Wi-Fi and network adapters
- Adaptive network traffic compression implemented. “share” command of console utilities has new “compression” option.
- New major version of libeveusb is now being used: libeveusb.so.2.0.0
Members added to class Device:
bool setUsbHub(const std::string &usbhub_);
bool setUsbPort(const std::string &usbport_);
bool compression() const;
void setCompression(bool compr);
Members removed from Device:
Members renamed in Device:
sharedTo() => sharedWith()
setSharedTo() => setSharedWith()
- New options of main.conf
tcp_sndbuf => SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDBUF value for TCP sockets
tcp_rcvbuf => SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVBUF value for TCP sockets
Each value must be bigger than the corresponding default one.
- Kernel oops fixed for some USB network adapters
- –dump-urb daemon option removed
- –moduless daemon option added
- “eveusbsh.py” was renamed “eveusbsh”
- USB Network Gate installer was replaced with deb and rpm packages
- License file default location changed from /etc/ElectronicUS/license/eveusb.xml to /var/lib/ElectronicUS/eveusb/license.xml
- –control_group daemon option removed
- The daemon runs as user eveusb with primary group eveusb now.
Add users to group eveusb to let them manage the daemon via the GUI or console utility.
- -u/–user daemon option added, run the daemon as a user
- -g/–group daemon option added, run the daemon with the specified primary group
- ISOC IN network traffic reduction
- Client sends 64-bit requests to the server now
- Detection of speed by the client for certain USB devices, including 3D mouse devices, was fixed
- Client updates usbhub/usbport for remote device now
- Module improvement: caching of memory allocations was implemented
- Module parameters: message_up_debug removed, eveusb_debug added
To enable debug logging:
echo y | sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/eveusb/module/parameters/eveusb_debug
or sudo modprobe eveusb eveusb_debug=y
USB Network Gate for Linux 2.1.5 Released: January 15, 2013
- Added: redirection of shared USB devices from a server running Linux OS to a Windows client without installing USB Network Gate on the latter (for RDP connection) – due to support of RemoteFX USB Redirection [MS-RDPEUSB].
USB Network Gate for Linux 2.1.0 Released: October 18, 2012
- USB 3.0 compatibility fixes
- Several issues with USB 2.0/3.0 devices sharing plugged into USB 3.0 port fixed
- Kernel Module improvement: DMA buffers allocation was modified to avoid Linux kernel oops in some cases
- USB usbX issue: “Unable to get BOS descriptor” error fixed
- Several issues with swig binding and eveusbsh.py fixed on Python 3
- Issue with remote USB device speed detection fixed on client side
- Wrong “Log/Show activity log” menu behavior fixed
- New console utility eveusbc added in standard build for daemon management from CLI
- Possibility to install eveusb from CLI added to standard build; new option “-c” will be for all installers
- doxygen is no longer required when compiling the sources
- “configure disable-freerdp” option added. Helps avoid libfreerdp installation when this plugin is not required.
USB Network Gate for Linux 2.0.0 Released: August 7, 2012
- Update: new name of the product
- Added: freerdp plugin. Makes possible the access to shared USB devices in remote desktop session:
- by default, for your convenience only devices that you shared on the host will be displayed on the guest computer in your RDP session. Though search for shared devices on the network will be still available;
- automatic connection of shared devices is possible. In future, starting the program GUI will not be necessary;
- internal RDP encryption algorithm and password protection will be used.
- Added: USB v3.0 support
- Added: “stdlog” daemon option, which enables logging to stdout instead of syslog;
- Added: “devices” daemon option – a path to the devices configuration file. Default value is /var/lib/ElectronicUS/eveusb/devices;
- Added: license” daemon option – a path to the license file. Default value is /etc/ElectronicUS/license/eveusb.xml;
- Fixed: “configure “not-protected” option now works correctly during project compilation – for OEM and Source Code licenses owners;
- Fixed: issue caused by the daemon reaction on SIGHUP when the daemon would not restart after crash;
- Fixed: several source code build issues on Fedora;
- Update: two messages were removed from syslog to avoid making the log file too big:
- “You are using trial version. You have …”;
- “Trial period is over. To purchase full version visit …”.
- Update: daemon “kill” and “reload” options removed; use kill or killall commands instead;
- Update: /var/run/eveusb.pid file was removed to enable correct daemon restart after crash;
- Update: method of checking whether the license has expired was changed for security reasons. Now NTP servers are used to retrieve the current time.
- Update: the daemon now starts even if the license file is absent or invalid or trial period expired. The server functionality will be unavailable, while the client will be fully functional.
USB to Ethernet Connector for Linux 1.4.0 Released: May 16, 2012
- Improved: the driver became DMA-aware#USB interface driver in the kernel module allocates DMA buffers and manages DMA mappings for existing DMA-ready buffers.
- Added: support for latest Linux kernels
– libeveusb_ctrl.so is replaced with libeveusb.so – The old library libeveusb_ctrl is deprecated and no longer supported.
– GUI and eveusbsh.py interpreter use libeveusb API itself, that makes the library actual for all future releases of USB to Ethernet Connector.
– Library sources are common for Linux and Mac OS X.
- Added: libeveusb binding enables daemon management from script languages using libeveusb API. Python binding is provided with the library; for other languages the binding can be generated using SWIG and the included interface file.
- Added: eveusbsh.py – CLI interpreter for daemon management (in OEM Kit only). Can fully replace GUI; enables remote daemon management, for example, via SSH session.
- Fixed: issue when client could not establish connection with server after the daemon restart for password-protected shared USB devices
- Fixed: issue when client failed to handle USB device properly without active configuration
USB to Ethernet Connector for Linux 1.2 Released: November 22, 2011
- Added: USB to Ethernet Connector kernel module works on ARM architecture (little-endian) now
- Added: possibility of in-tree compilation (as part of kernel sources)
- Added: can be now compiled on Linux kernel v. 2.6.24 and higher, including 3.1.Ð¥
- Much improved: support for USB 1.1 devices, computer mouses in particular
- Fixed: kernel panic on systems with the modified kernel (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Fixed: dynamic power management issue when devices entered “suspended” state and thus could not be used by the client part of USB to Ethernet Connector
- Improved: better support of IPv6
- Fixed: several cases of file descriptors leak
- Much improved: support of USB devices with isochronous OUT transfer (like headphones)
- Fixed: issue when changing log level in Activity log would not apply
- Fixed: authorization error when password was composed of a single symbol
- Much improved: detection of all shared USB devices available on the local network
- Update: Unix domain socket is created in /var/tmp/us.electronic.eveusb catalog for security purpose
- Update: the binary log facility removed
- Update: installation became much smoother
- Update: USB to Ethernet Connector now can be successfully built for ARM architecture (with Sourcery CodeBench Lite Edition)
- Update: USB to Ethernet Connector installer and daemon no more require Bash shell presence in the system
- Update: qmake-based build system is replaced with the GNU Build System for USB to Ethernet Connector package compilation
- Update: qmake projects are replaced with the GNU Build System for libeveusb_ctrl.so samples compilation which helps avoid libqt4-dev installation
- Update: USB to Ethernet Connector daemon log is no longer forwarded to the application’s Activity log and can be viewed in system log only
- Update: easier obtaining of the OEM version. You can develop your project with free OEM Evaluation Kit and then purchase OEM license to be able to install and register USB to Ethernet Connector daemon on your clients’ machines with your already developed project. The OEM installer is placed into the application catalog (/opt/ElectronicUS/eveusb/redistr by default).
USB to Ethernet Connector for Linux 1.1.2885.0 Released: December 2, 2010
- Added: callback connection can be created (connection with a client initiated from the server side) – currently for OEM License owners
- Added: traffic encryption, authorization settings and custom names can be changed on the go for already shared devices
- Added: client initiates reconnection to the server’s shared port with no device attached, or to the port occupied by other client or in case of connection failure
- Added: disabling connection with a client is possible from the server side; the USB device still remains shared
- Added: computer name of the client which currently occupies shared USB device is displayed in the list of available shared USB devices on other clients’ side
- Added: possibility to control log levels directly from Activity log toolbar
- Added: more hotkeys for menu options
- Improved: overall program stability
- Fixed: several cases of eveusb daemon crash
- Fixed: eveusb daemon hanging after port or device was shared twice
- Fixed: issue with eveusb daemon installation on old distributions like Debian 5.0 (lenny) connected with glibc version required for the daemon installation
USB to Ethernet Connector for Linux 1.1.2757.0 Released: October 8, 2010
- Totally new version